Here at StreetStyleDiscover, we know all too well that sometimes you want to show off your amazing outfit while also looking fashionable. And while this may seem like a tall order, it doesn’t have to be! In fact, there are a lot of clothing brands in France that make it easy for women to stay stylish without breaking the bank.
France is home to some of the most influential fashion designers in the world. In France, in addition to high-end fashion labels and luxury brands, the nationwide network of big shops such as Carrefour also offers a good selection of apparel and clothes for men, women and children.
Some popular French fashion brands are:
– Céline: famous for its avant garde designs in glamorous fabrics for women or men.
– Alexis Mabille: well known for their edgy designs at affordable prices.
– Agnès B: a popular clothing brand with casual women’s fashions.
– Sandro: a high-end clothing and accessories label for sophisticated career women.
– Isabel Marant: a designer label specialized in romantic, loose-fitting designs for women.
Popular brands include:
– Superdry: a young brand with retro style inspired by the British subcultures.
– Esprit: recent years have seen this brand becoming more trendy and upmarket. It is available in many shopping districts, especially in the big cities.
– Ugg: a widely known australian boots brand, especially among Americans. The well-known, lightweight boots are often imitated by other brands.
– Maje: this young brand offers elegant, timeless pieces for classic and modern women who want to look feminine and sophisticated.
For children’s clothing, popular brands include:
– Petit Bateau: this online store belongs to the NR Sud Group and is a well known brand when it comes to children’s apparel.
– Paper Dolls: a young French brand which sells charming, feminine and colourful clothes for girls.
– Blue Orange: the brand aimed at young women who want to find their own style. Especially popular in the United Kingdom.
– The Little Shopper: is a cheap but stylish children clothing with items ranging from infants to teenagers.
The majority of French women buy dresses, jackets, skirts, and blouses. In the northern region, more women tend to wear trousers and boots when it is cold outside. Women in the south usually wear high heels and use bright colours to tone up their outfits.
In addition to trends, women in France adore accessories such as shoes or bags. The most popular shoe brands are Christian Louboutin, Isabel Marant and Jimmy Choo.
There are some fashion trends that are still popular and worth noticing:
– Elegant boots: with an elegant bow, small heels or platforms are preferred by many.
– High neck tops: the French really love wearing high neck tops, especially in summer.
– Sexy dresses with open backs: they make women look taller and slimmer.
Other fashion choices popular among French women include:
– Trench coats: when it is cold outside, many women prefer to wear trench coats and long sleeves.
– Wide trousers or culottes: especially for evenings or parties, these clothes are ideal for any occasion and are very popular among young girls from fourteen to thirty years old.
– Wide belts: they are often worn around the waist with a nice T-shirt and jeans.
– Light colours: in the spring and summer, white or pastel colours are preferred.
The French women seem to be very particular when it comes to choosing their clothing. They take care about the quality of the fabric, the cut, the design and colour combination. Many women tend to change their style a lot, because they are constantly experimenting with new looks. The French women are so passionate about fashion, from high heels to trendy scarves. With such variety of fashion items available to all, French women are able to express their individuality whenever and wherever they want.