Pleats are the hottest thing to hit the fashion world in a long time. Are pleated skirts “in style?” You be the judge. The pleats make it look like there’s more fabric than there actually is and help to create an hourglass figure. Layers are an easy way to make any look stand out and add interest. Pleats are no different and they can help a simple skirt become something entirely new.
Pleats can be used to enhance a figure and create a different look. Pleated skirts are great for evening wear and date nights. A nice pair of heels is the perfect pairing for any one of these styles. Pleated skirts can be extremely flirty and stylish.
They can also be horrifyingly unflattering if not worn properly. What you need to look for in a pleated skirt is the shape of the skirt and the quality of the fabric. Do either one or both of these things not make sense, then you should avoid buying that pleated skirt. Here are tips on how to choose the best-pleated skirts for this year:
1) Choose skirts with a full lining underneath them. This is most important. You should always have one of these layers underneath your skirt, otherwise, the pleats will be awkwardly spread out.
2) Choose the ones that have elastic waistbands to make them fit the wearer better and look more flattering.
3) The best kind of pleated skirt will have no gathers or ruffles at all. This looks more feminine.
4) The skirt should end right below your knees. This is the most flattering length. Anything past your knees could make you look like you are wearing a school uniform.
5) When buying a new pleated skirt, try on the skirt with different clothing on to see how you like it. Sometimes one type of top will look good with one type of skirt and another top will look good with another skirt. Or sometimes, you just won’t like the way your outfit looks together when combined (even if each piece separately looks fine).
Pleats are great for anyone that loves wearing skirts. Pleats make a skirt more special and unique. But if you want to wear a pleated skirt as an everyday dress, then you will have to be very careful about how you choose what to wear with it. You might want to consider wearing a slip underneath, as this will give you a lot of room in places like the waist and hips and will make it much easier for your body to move around in order for you to feel comfortable. Go for something with a slip that has some kind of stretch material so that it moves easily, but also won’t be too loose and add bulk.