Wearing jeans with a sweater can be very challenging. It seems as if it is one of the most difficult combinations to achieve. As women, we are always looking for that next fashion trend and sometimes when a trend is popular it makes us try it. We do not always have the same body type as the girl on the run way model or in a magazine. That may be why this look proves so challenging for women who are not built like models or want to wear something that is not necessarily their size (just because it looks good).
Now so long time ago I received such a question: I live in a cold part of the US, and winter is fast approaching. I’m encountering this big dilemma about what to wear during these colder months. What do you wear with a sweater? I’m always stuck between either jeans or leggings. I do not want to walk around in a bulky jacket all day long (you can’t really feel your fingers when it’s that cold outside). I’ve got some style tips for you to try:
Guide On How To Style Denim With Knitwear
1. One of the best ways to make uncoordinated pieces look good together is to keep one piece in solid color and the other in print.
2. Some people say that shoes are the finishing touch of any outfit, but others would argue and say that they are just the starting point! Shoes, like accessories, are very important in creating a great look. Find shoes that fit your style, match your belt and clothing, and make sure they’re clean.
Make sure your shoes are not clashing with your outfit. If you have a dress on and you’re wearing neon yellow sneakers, it can completely ruin the look of this beautiful piece of clothing that you just spent a lot of money on. On a similar note, try opting for darker-colored shoes if you’re wearing a light-colored dress or skirt.
3. Accessories: Accessories are a great way to pull an outfit together. They’re also a must for turning an ordinary outfit into something more special. For example, if you’re wearing jeans and a t-shirt, but your shirt is plain and you don’t have anything, in particular, to add, try putting on a necklace or some earrings.
4. A stylish-looking belt is often the finishing touch that you need on an outfit. It goes without saying that having a nice belt is often a must for the male dresser. You don’t want to just choose any belt either, you only want to wear belts that are in style and are of high quality so they will last you for years and years. Just make sure to choose the one that looks coordinated with your sweater.
5. This may be obvious, but you don’t want to wear jeans on a fancy dressy night out. Nothing kills an outfit faster than jeans!
Love these looks, we see one model wearing an oversized sweater and bootcut jeans and other is wearing a slim sweater in black tucked in tapered jeans:
A black and white look! We see a black high neck sweater worn over a white top teamed with a pair of black skinny jeans:
6. Never wear black and brown at the same time. Even if you mix different shades of these two colors, it will still look bad. The best way to create a leather outfit that looks good is to pick one or two colors and stick within them. It’s fine if they are different shades of each other but try not to mix them together in the same outfit.
7. Make sure you wear a bra that goes with your outfit. When creating outfits, many people forget about the importance of wearing a good bra. If you’re going to wear something that will show off all or part of your chest area, make sure the bra matches well with what you’re wearing.
8. When carrying a bit of weight a sweater can make you appear top-heavy. This is the reason why I find that a sweater with jeans makes my waist seem smaller. You can also balance the weight of your body by trying to wear separates. Even though some sweaters are great, not all are made for that tight look that we want to achieve while wearing jeans and a sweater.
What Type Of Jeans Work With Sweaters
A sweater works well with many different types of jeans. They can be casual or more formal. When looking for a sweater find the one that you will look good in and have fun with. Also, keep in mind that if you do not fit the size of the sweater try to find something similar that is made for a smaller person. You want to have something form-fitting, not too tight. Jeans can be a bit tricky because they are more on the casual side than dresses and skirts. You want to make sure that you are wearing jeans that do not look too tight on you.
If you find yourself unconfident with your body image it is always better to wear something that you feel comfortable in. As women, we want to look our best and try new things but when it comes down to it being comfortable in whatever outfit we are wearing is important.
When it comes to style, women should dress how they feel like, not how others want them to stay fashionable. We should always stay true to ourselves and what makes us happy. If you are not sure what your style is, do not worry it happens with most people when they are younger.
A light grey sweater looks fresh with black skinnies and black Oxfords:
Another gorgeous look, we see a red sweater tucked in knee-ripped high-rise jeans:
This bulky sweater in red looks fresh and chic with high-rise jeans:
One thought on “How Do You Wear A Sweater With Jeans: Bulletproof Guide”