If you are a woman, chances are you have at least one grey dress in your closet. You know the type of dress I am referring to – a simple, elegant dress that goes with just about everything. The only potential problem is that there is not a lot of variety in what you can wear with your grey dress. There are some things you can do to make your gray dress work for all occasions by thinking outside the box and using color.
The most obvious way to wear a grey dress is to simply wear it as is. Grey dresses are often worn with black accessories or jewels. This simple look works well for parties and formal occasions. You can also use your grey dress as a neutral for your accessories, shoes and jewelry. For example, you can pair your grey dress with a red or blue clutch and red heels. Or you can wear gold earrings and a silver bracelet or necklace.
If you are looking for more of an occasion, you can be a little more daring and put a pair of black tights underneath one of your grey dresses. White accessories would also look nice with your grey dress. Use blush or bright pink lipstick and a small gold necklace with some dangling earrings to tie the whole look together. Red accessories work well with this look, too.
Finally, for the boldest of your outfit ideas, try wearing a pair of grey tights under your grey dress. For something a bit more comfortable, try wearing some white sneakers in the same color. You can also wear these tights under all your dresses and skirts to make them appear more faded.
There is no question that grey dresses will always be in style. The trick is to find the right look for your dress. At times, all you need to do is add a pair of black tights or throw in some white sneakers and you can turn any grey dress into something more casual and youthful.
Choosing the right clothes for your body shape is the first step in creating a fashionable look. So, what should you wear with a grey dress? Here are some ideas!
1) For an elegant and stylish look, pair it with nude patent leather pumps or metallic sandals and a matching handbag. Add an oversized scarf to warm up this outfit for cooler weather.
2) A simple grey dress and black high-heeled sandals are a great classic combo. Dress it up with a statement necklace, a lacy scarf and crystal earrings for a chic added touch.
3) You’ll be the most stylish woman on the terrace in heels! Pour yourself another glass of wine and pair this dress up with lace heels or leather wedges.
4) Add a touch of color to your grey dress by pairing it with pastel floral prints.
5) With black heels and a large gold necklace. I think this is the way you should go.
6) With a grey cardigan or a black blazer. You should wear this on casual days.
7) With a black daytime outfit, maybe with some coloured jewellery and maybe some coloured lipstick. You could wear this when you go for coffee in the afternoon or to meet friends for lunch or dinner in the evening.