The cold winter months have just started and that means you’ll want to start investing in warm clothes. One of the most important pieces of clothing you should invest in is a quality knit sweater colored in white. Yes, you got me right, the white knit sweaters are the best big thing!
But in order to maximize the sweater’s potential, you must also dress it correctly. Here’s what you should wear white knit sweaters with:
-Dresses and skirts. A knit sweater looks very nice when worn over a shorter dress or skirt. To look your best, wear high heels to elongate your legs. You can also wear tights if necessary. The great thing about a white knit sweater is that it’s easy to match with pretty much any dress underneath it. If you want to wear a short-sleeved dress under your sweater, go for thin stretchy material. However, if you want to wear a long-sleeved gown, choose your favorite plain material and pair it with a sheer sleeve.
-Shoes and boots: You can wear your white knit sweater with a nice pair of leather boots or dressy shoes. Ensure the shoes or boots you choose are a darker color than your sweater. Black would work well as they’ll look great with the sweater without clashing, and you can always wear sheer stockings to keep your feet warm throughout the season.
-Coordinating jewelry: A nice piece of jewelry will go very nicely atop your outfit, from coordinating earrings to a little bracelet. With a white knit sweater, you’re really only limited by your imagination.
-Scarves: If you want to spice up an outfit along the lines of what Audrey Hepburn was so fond of wearing, wear a nice scarf along with your sweater. The scarf and the sweater should have similar colors so they match and go together well.
-Dressing for warmth: If you’re dressing for comfort and warmth, try wearing thick tights under jeans if you’ve decided to wear those instead of dressier pants altogether. You can also wear an ankle-length skirt or knee-length skirt to keep you warm.
-Winter boots: If you’re going to wear your white knit sweater with a nice pair of black boots, make sure the sweater and boots are the same color so they look seamless together. You can also pair your sweater up with a tall coat if it’s going to be too cold out for bare legs.
-Warm accessories: You don’t need to buy a new hat for your winter attire. Just add a scarf, gloves and ear warmer to your outfit and you’ll be warm all day. It’s as easy as that.
-A cute accessory: Add a cute hat or scarf to your ensemble along with your white knit sweater in order to make sure the two go together flawlessly. You can also wear a nice pair of sunglasses to let others know you’re dressed for fashion, style and warmth.
Accessories are always a good thing to include. This is especially true if you’re wearing a white knit sweater. You can wear a small handbag or clutch that matches your outfit or you can just leave it free in case you need to touch something. The important thing is to make sure the accessories complement your outfit and that they don’t distract from it.
White is the most welcoming color out there, it’s fashionable too but at the same time is strong and elegant.
Here are some great ideas on how to wear a white knit sweater:
• If you’re wearing your sweater with jeans, try a medium-to-dark wash. That way, the jeans will match the whiteness of your sweater.
• You can dress up a white knit sweater by wearing it with a pair of high-heeled boots. If you’re going out for an evening, it’s best to wear heels that are slightly higher than your sneakers. That way, you can “walk in style.”
• Try wearing your white knit sweater with a pair of leggings. With this combo, you can wear your white knit sweater with any outfit.
• When wearing a white knit sweater with a pair of pants or leggings, try to really focus on matching different colors and patterns. You don’t want a blue shirt and black hair or a red shirt and brown hair. You want to try to have a combination of colors that are both pleasing to your eyes and the way you look.
• Don’t wear too many layers when wearing a white knit sweater. Wear the sweater over a turtleneck or a shirt that is made out of cotton and doesn’t have any pattern on it.
A white knit sweater is a classic item that can be worn for any season. It can be worn in summer with jeans and sandals or in the winter with a jacket. In fact, it’s one of those versatile items in your wardrobe you should never go without. The next time you need to shop for a sweater make sure it’s a white knit style.